Careers talk

Careers talk 

How inspirational. We were able to talk to 3 brilliant women this week who work within the fashion and textiles industry. Firstly we had a talk from Caroline, which runs her own bespoke bridal dresses business. She were lovely enough to share her story with us about how she didn’t start by studying fashion and natural fell into the role, and how she expanded and brought back her business depending on her needs at the time. It was inspiring to know that it’s okay to suit your business to your needs at the time, as starting my own business is something I’m really interested in doing. 


The second talk was from Steph who works in the film and costume industry, where we learnt all about the different sections, levels and rolls within the world of film. It was a really interesting talk but it taught me that film was something I really didn’t wanna do and something I wasn’t really interested in. 


The final talk was from V who runs her own business in specificity mother of the bride and groom and bridal businesses. She spoke more on what a business needs and what you need in order to make a business. She spoke with such passion about her business and what ahead does which really taught me how tough I need to be to be successful. She spoke about all the different business she has started and stopped and how she’s had collections walk the runway and how she uses lost leader to help get her name out there and copywriting her designs. She spoke from the heart about her passion and really showed and inspired me to push for what I wanted. I was lucky enough to be able to speak to her after and she offered me to come and see her studio and ask her all the questions I want over Easter and I am excited by the opportunity. 






Comments

Popular Posts