week 2 day 1 of work placement

 Day 1 week 2 


Today was definatly a step up from some of the work I did last week. The first task I undertook was starting to learn how to use the 3D design software called coohom. Which was differently a challenge and took a good couple hours to fully get my head around but I really enjoyed being able to watch my mood board come to life in such a 3D way. The second big task of the day was 2 client meetings, one was with a client we hadn’t met before, so I was taught the importance of testing the water with a client to see what kind of person they are before becoming to jokey or anything. I was briefed and told about the client before we went in but as we hadn’t met her before all we knew was she was rather pregnant. The meeting went well and we were able to measure up the sized of curtains she wanted while playing attention to the awarded shape of her windows. We then went to visit a client of 2 years who has very big ideas about what she likes and the things in her large scale home. She was a pattern crazy person with each room of her house being a completely different colour pallet and pattern with most rooms having more then 2 patterns minimum. This was actually so useful to see though because not a lot of people are willing to have so much colour and patterns in their home. I had actually looked at a lot of the patterns she had in small little sample books but I think it really amazing to see how these pattern have been used in an actual space. This did also teach me, more is not always better. I was asked by the comes what I thought of this gorgeous Murat she had on her wall, this helped me think carefully about what I say as I don’t want to offend the client while still giving a valuable opinion and being able to communicate that. I feel I was really reliable with skills I could learn quickly like the new software and stuff. I made sure I was on time with Karen for our client meeting so that we are well organised. I managed myself well when it comes to dressing smart, managing my manners and attitude, ect… I really enjoyed being able to see the patterned house as its been lovely nicknamed and using the new software although it was really hard to first navigate and manage. The work placement so far has defiantly pushed my in the overall direction of wanting to design and create for a client because I really enjoy that. As well as working with colour because I love how you see a lot of different people and peoples taste in this role. After this placement I want to definitely continue learning more about 3d design because I feel it could be a real asset to me in the future. 






Comments

Popular Posts