29th- 5th of May

Monday - in Patton cutting on Monday I primarily focused on bookwork and developing my 12 skirt although my outfit will be address I focused on my garment as more of a skirt and a bodice as connect them together was the easy bit when looking at my job, I didn’t like really how it was looking. I felt it looks a bit boring so decided to make an amendment, elastic into the final. This is something of sample before my book so I know it will look good in order to decide whereabouts on my garment. I wanted to place it a skirt on the different places where I could’ve put it in my book which I felt best taking opinions from my other colleagues on what they felt would work the best and we all agreed adding it to one of the curves seems would help accentuate the shape I was going for.


Tuesday - for a second week working in the group project we all bought class our initial drawings that we created as well as some initial designs that we all put together we started by looking at the drawings and selecting out for from each of our drawings selections that we wanted to copy on the photocopier to place in each other’s books with evaluated everyone’s designs and had a look at everything collective and took a vote as which ones we like the most after choosing around five designs that we like with them began work on secondary drawing from the initial drawings and designs. We also started some more primary drawing of shells as the building reminded us of like the curves we found we all had a mutual topic and we all liked the curves of the building techniques like ink bleach free motion embroidery mono printing heat press printing and then also started some test samples with boning at the end of the day we photocopied a few from each of the drawings that we liked to share with each other and put in our books


Wednesday- during passing cutting today brought in my toile and me and my lecture went through and had to amend the facings on it as we discovered the facing was the only thing that hold the shape of the garment in place on the Front of the bodies we had a look at it on a mannequin and then they moved it onto a model of the correct size of the garment to see how it would fit this took a lot of discussion and tweaking as we wanted it to sit correctly so that I had the right shape on the front of my garment we ended up settling on extending the facing by one centimetre and extending the garment by 13 at the front I was overall really pleased with how we managed to work out the problems with my Garmin and I’m glad they solved so then I can begin work on my final.

i really struggled to figure out how to work with my cowl neckline but after have an in-depth discussion with the lecture we were able to figure out how to work with in to the best of our abilities in order to achieve the best look to my design. i found this very helpful overall and allowed me to expand my skills. 

after this i moved onto constructing my lay plan so that i could buy the correct amount of fabric to meet my needs. due to the flowing shape of my design i did not need that much fabric which is great when your trying to keep costing low but still to high quality. 

Thursday - was bale to begin working on my finals for my induvial architecture I started but cutting out all of my pattern pieces which I found to be rather time consuming as I wanted them to be perfect and as neat as possible in order to help me achieve the best outcome. I also had to work out the stretch of my elastic so that I could make the correct length strips to cover it. I didn’t make a pattern for this as it was a last minute addition to my design.


Friday - I was able to attended lesson today due to illness but I did begin to overlock all of my fabric and start construction of my skirt on my dress. I start by attaching all of my panels together and making up my elastic trim which was definitely more difficult than I first anticipated but after I found the most efficient way to turn them inside out it became a lot faster and process.

After sewing and pressing my skirt all together I began sewing my facing to my bodice and sewing together the arm while this was also more tricky to figure out down to it being a mix of combined and grown on facings. I was able to figure out and work around my issues tho in a time effective manner.




Comments

Popular Posts