20th-26th may

Monday - group project in full swing this week with our group steaming ahead with our toile garments. Today, I personally started by drapping my fabric taught over my bodice, and sewing it onto the neck line and arm holes which did prove a challenge as I was trying to bag them out but I think it will be best for my final to just top stitch them on so that both arm holes are the same. As for my neck line I can bag it out but relieved it wasn’t worth it as I would be adding the hood over it anyways. 

In Tuesday this week we had a morning meeting with our team to work out where we were all at and to see how people were feeling and work through any issues we had. I then started work on my hood and making a pattern for it -which went really well I then made a mock version of it in class to try on different peoples head which I documented on my instagram. 
Wednesday - I finished my toile today which I was able to try on a model in order to see what I needed to amend which was most makinging it longer and hand sewing the tips onto the fabric.I do really like how it came out and I think it’s put me in a really good place going forward to start my final. 

Friday - in photography we went around college as a class and took photos of people being one with the architecture of the college. I love how this black and white photography came out I think it’s really interesting and eye catching. In digital I continued to work on my look book which included moving around a few lay outs and starting to write my text for each page. I did play around with adding a paper textured back ground but I felt it didn’t go with the vibe of my book.

Comments

Popular Posts