Week 2

Blog week 2

Monday was another pattern cutting day. We were continuing to work on sleeves and learnt how to make a leg of mutton sleeve. I really loved the look of how my sleeve looked due to the structure and gorgeous puffed at the top and how it perfectly tapers in at the cuff. We then began to look at cuff openings. We started with the continuous openings which was a bit fiderly to do but I overall felt like I could grasp the concept really well. We did also briefly look at different ways to hold up the puff on the mutton sleeve. Which was interesting to think about and work out how I would do it. 


Tuesday was a half day of textiles. We worked in white on white and different textiles techniques. We started by looking at tucks, specifically pin tucks and then developing them into patterns and different ways we could manipulate it to make new patterns and designs that would inspire us for white on white. We then had a short look at bias squares and how to manipulate them to make new and interesting designs I really like how it makes a spiral shape and both these techniques add a lot of texture and interest to the shape. 

 

Wednesday, today was a very exciting day as we had our first official fashion show meeting for the 2025 show. We first had to choose what kinda vibe we wanted and what we wanted to do. We settled on having a gallery space exhibit with a live fashion show moving around the room. We then decided what roles we wanted and I got the role of head logistics and organiser which is want I really wanted, as I enjoy organising and planning. In pattern cutting today we looked at the square opening for sleeves which was a bit more tricky then the continuous opening and it’s definitely something I want to work on further. 


Thursday, today was another day on portfolio which was abit of struggle to say the least. I started by working out the best way to print things off in the order I want them and also photo shopping some images I want to use for my portfolio. I then continued working on designs and illustration which did take up the rest of my day because I just needed to keep making lists of different once’s to then let my lecture choose the best 4 to put on my final page lay out. 

Comments

Popular Posts