Week 4

Week 4 


Monday - today was full on as I’m trying to put in a big push for what I need to do before my white on white shirt exam. We started by making a 2 piece stand collar as a class. This did take quite awhile as there a lot of steps to it when you first learn it but it quite simple after you know the process. I do really love how it came out and how it sits on the body. I then started playing around with the different shapes I could make from it but folding and manipulating the collar to make new ones. I really enjoyed this because it opened my mind up to how easier I could change something about my collar and just amend the pattern and it would look good and I didn’t need to overthink or over work the idea to get a result I’m happy with.


Tuesday - exciting day today, we officially were introduced to the white on white project by Caroline Aurthors, which was brilliant we put out all our dress and she came and spoke to us about her and her work. She then went through our dresses one by one and spoke us about the possibilities for our dresses. She was also kind enough to bring some extra dresses for us to all have and take apart to use as apart of our garments. I have spoken to Caroline over summer and she is so lovely and taught me alot about charging my worth to make my business successful. 


Wednesday - today was another busy day, we started with individual tutorials where I posted up my blogs for week 3 and also used the time to continue on with my personal statement tasks. I found it interesting with the task because of how they had us present it, it’s not something I’ve specifically done before, I’ve wrote a personal statement but I hadn’t done the mind map in the style they had before. After this it was time for pattern cutting. I was fully prepared to jump straight into making my patterns for my final white shirt. I started with just going over my design and how I planned to make them with my lecture. I then got stuck into making my bodice patterns which where relatively simple to do, I just needed to square out the shape as I want it to be a boxy fit. I also added the cut out to the back and then made a facing for the cut out as I want it to sit nicely with the the draw string in between it. After this, I started making the collars. I’m making one roll collar and one attachable collar using the same techniques as I did to make my Peter Pan collar, this was simple as I understood the processes of it. Finally I started work on my sleeves. I’ve got a bishop sleeve with a cut out opening and distorted seam. I wasn’t quite able to finish it but I did finish the flare and moving the dart in lesson. 

 

Thursday was another day on portfolio. For me it was alot of photocopying, cutting out my photo copy’s and then arranging them, deciding I didn’t like it then doing it again. This process is tedious and time consuming and unproductive which is making things very unmotivating for me. It’s taking a big push to keep working at it, when I just don’t know what to put on the page. 

Comments

Popular Posts