Day 2 of work placement

Day 2 of work placement 

Today I started by continuing to take stock of the books that are on the shelves, due to the amount of books this did take 3 plus hours as I had to work out what books had been taken out due to being discontinued. This wasn’t the most interesting of task but I did really enjoy looking in all the different fabric books and feeling all the different textures. I then got to meet with a representative who came in to show the 3 of us in the office all the new season of fabrics, I really enjoyed learning about some of they history of the fabric and where the designs came from. I then got the opportunity to come along to 2 client meetings which were just around the corner from the office. Which really helped me learn how to communicate clearly with the client about what we needed to know and what steps you need to take to help the client know what she needs. i did need to communicate with obviously client about there needs and take notes over it. I also needed to talk clear with my manager in order to be the most efficient as possible. This wasn’t really a task that required any teamwork as it was a shadowing task. I needed to be very flexible about the times of being picked up as the client meetings but I as perfectly on time for the day and happy to take on any task possible. I didn’t know the plan for the day before getting there so I couldn’t really plan times however I did turn up prepared with everything I could need, e.g pencil case, laptop, note pad, etc… I did take the initiative to make small talk with the client while my boss was measuring, as well as giving a opinion when asked. I did self manage my time and breaks in order to try my best to get the task done as efficiently as possible. I really enjoy being able to shadow and learn what more about the client communication as that’s something that’s really hard to learn in the class room. working with clients and aliening our views on a project in order to get the best outcome is something I really want to master and work on. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to learn from someone who has been in industry and knows what they’re doing, I feel this will keep me in good stead fir the future. 







Comments

Popular Posts