Day 3 of work placement

Day 3 of work placement 

Today was an office day which I actually really enjoyed. Firstly I started by picking out fabrics for the clients I visited yesterday, I really enjoyed looking at the sample in natural lighting and envisioning them in the space to see if they would work. Then I got to try mood boarding but using the software pages and it was a moodpboard to be showed directly to the Client and not just for ideas which I really enjoyed. I was taught all about what websites are good to use and how to pick paints and wall papers and fabric to fit within a colour scheme and budget the suits the client. This really taught how important it is to stay organised and keep a good list of where you collect your products from as you have to link them all so that if its something the client really links you can order it straight away with no hassle of refining. learning these new skills required a lot of team work between me and my colleague as she was making one of the mood board and I was making the other 2 and we needed to communicated so that we did use the same ideas or products as we want to show the client options. I didn’t really notice how l long these kinds of task take but they can become really time consuming if you don’t manage your time well. But my colleague was able to guild me about much time I should spend on each board and I found the second board a lot faster to make as I had more of understanding about how to use software and what else I need on the boards. As away I was on time and punctual with my hand ins of work. I was good at figuring out the best ways to achieve the looks I was trying to achieve for my mood boards while also meeting the same or similar standards of other mood boards create by the other interior designers. I was really organised with how I organised and sorted my links in order to find them later on. This wasn’t a task that required a lot of self management as I was bale to keep checking in what my colleges and boss thought about my board and what needed adding or changing. i overall really enjoyed today because I got to be really creative with my work and really show off what I can do. It really is definitely pushing me to wards much more design then actual garment construction as it just what I enjoy more. 





Comments

Popular Posts