22nd- 28th of April

Monday - 22nd April 
THE START OF ARCHITECTURE A2
Today was the start of week, I presented my group presentation on the dress reform movement and I focused on the bicycle movement in particular. I feel this went really well, however, I got feedback that I needed to speak more clearly and look at the audience move and not rely on my notes. This was general feedback that given to my group, however, I think it was directed at me more. After this, we began our designs for ready to wear garments. I had already started designing, so I was able to choose my final design, annotate it and begin sampling some different techniques that I hadn’t done before this included a cowl neckline in a square shape. I was able to use the pattern magic books learn new techniques I chose to keep my design simple so that it was achievable within the timeframe, but still having interesting features that were inspired by the college architecture. I was able to complete a full sample of the cow.

Which is mostly facing and I at first thought I’ve done it wrong, but realised that I just needed to place it on a mannequin for the shapes and naturally form I really like how it turned out. However, for my final design, I’m going to accentuate the square shape.
Tuesday - 

Today we started the group architecture project festival. We got sectioned into a different teams I was overly glad with my team as I feel we all had equal abilities and knowing in particular would have any struggles. We got started by discussing the design cycle and how that might influence our outcomes and how we should be continuously repeating this over and over again, I found this really interesting, as it allows me to see a clear order in which I should be working. With them began to look at an evaluate each other’s research that we completed over the first week of architecture. I found it really interesting how everyone looked a different aspects of it. For example, I looked at the different kinds of building where is my colleagues looked at the design process, and the life of Zaha Hadid we copied each other’s books on the photocopier and started to analyse each other’s work within our own book. This was something new that we haven’t done before and I found it really interesting to do. However, I didn’t want my opinion to come off as rude. After analysing each other‘s work with them branched into looking at the different ways that we could work together as a group, we ended up settling on each of us equally sharing the workload with the bits that we all don’t enjoy for example, pattern cutting we decided to make one garment Pattern help each other with it. We’ve also decided to equally split up and share the workaround while working to each other strengths. After this, I began to make an action plan for the group accounting in for different things we could do, for example, going to visit one of our Hadad’s buildings in London, as well as well, we were going to buy the fabric as it something we felt we wanted to do as a group. We also had to account for our other work thats our for ready to wear garment within our time plan allowing equal time for both projects, while also accounting for the sooner deadline on the ready to wear garment. We then chose a building that we wanted to create from and decided a direction that we wanted to go in with the garments as it has to be a series of garments. We wanted them to all be cohesive so we wanted to make sure we share the ideas that we liked. After sharing ideas, we settled on a direction that we wanted to go in and created a mood board from them  including different drawing techniques, photos, images of garments and fabric samples. 

Wednesday - during the pattern cutting class today I continue to make samples for my final ready to wear garment, I was able to start making the backpiece sample which will be a circular cowl neckline similar to the front, but with a circular finish rather than Square. I really like the flow from the front to the back. I feel like it goes really nicely. I made a fabric sample when I got home of the circular neckline. 


Friday - digital this week we continue to learn about in design and how best to use it to make magazine covers. We focus on page numbering and adding photos with a premade magazine article. I really enjoyed allowing my creativity to flow when choosing my photos and fonts. When using indesign it’s just combining skills that we’ve learnt previously in other Adobe software like Photoshop and illustrator we did learn that it has a poor colour pallet selection.


During photography this week we had the invigilators in our class so we started by taking photos inspired by our artist as individuals then we built up to work in a group while we were all involved in setting this set for the photos and creating fluid movement.

Comments

Popular Posts