6th - 12th may

Monday - this week was a bank holiday on Monday but I had finished my individual dress so I was able to focus on my book and making my tech pack and diary of making. this meant I was on perfect timing to hand in my folder and dress on time without any issues. Overall I’m very proud of what I have managed to create because I taught myself a lot of new skills like cowl neckline awhile also using the skills I learnt in class like how to manipulate elastic to create my final out come.

Tuesday - on Tuesday this week we continued with our group project we were able to bring designs to class that were more finalized. We all chose a final design out of each other‘s work that we like plan to refine the drawings together to make a final collection after making our final designs, together we then took a critique and we found our designs for all a little bit too similar as we wanted our collection to be cohesive but still have interest between the garments. I actually felt this critique really pushed my ideas. This did take up most of the day as we just had to keep drawing and evaluating and changing as needed. but overall, it was a really enjoyable process as we could see our designs develop as a group and create individuality throughout each piece while still making them cohesive.

Wednesday - on Wednesdays lesson I was able to hand in my final garment for architecture. This went really well as I had all my work completed and to satisfactory level. I was then able to move on to starting to think about how to pattern up for my group project. My first challenge is to work out the correct amount of burning and how to attach the boning to make the spikes on my design, I’m thinking of creating a undergarment almost like lining and applying it under the stretch fabric.

Friday - we began proper work into our look books today, I started by collecting images and deciding on a page order. I have to fill steady 16 pages which I managed to fill with ease and added another 4 as you have to add pages devisable by 4 in order for the book to flow with ease.

Comments

Popular Posts